About her

My photo
Positively 4th Street, Texas, United States
the inner thoughts of a flower child of the south

Thoughts & Rants

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Adoaration

Being 5'8 almost 5'9 makes it a bit difficult to find heels that don't make me look like a giant. To be honest, I probably only wear heels once a month but I have developed a fascination in buying them for the sake of owning them. I love getting home and taking the beauts out of their fresh smelling box and putting them on my shoe shelf and just think to myself 'those are mine'. (Please tell me that i'm not the only one who does this) About a week ago I noticed that EVERY single pair of heels I own are wedges. So I sat and thought about why. I could only come up with one answer, because they're insanely comfortable. I also noticed that they were all under the price of 70 dollars and were all bought on sale. I might have a wedge obsession but I still hunt for a deal!

Here are only some of my favorite beauts:
Photobucket
First are my absolute favorite of course. I bought these on impulse and am so glad I did. They are insanely comfortable and go with almost everything. I love the woven heel, so original! They had to be my favorite brand of shoes, Seychelles.
Anthropologie (Seychelles)-$69.99

Photobucket
These were actually my first pair of Espadrilles. I was so proud bringing these babys home with me. I actually wear these most because they can be casual with jeans or dressed up with a dress. The heel is also incredibly comfortable.
Macy's (Kensiegirl)- $34.99

Photobucket
I guess Anthropologie just makes me buy on impulse because I also bought these on impulse. I took them on my trip to New York City during early April and they were absolutely perfect for the chilly weather. Unfortunately since it is only 100+ degrees here I have not worn them since. They will be brought back out for the upcoming Fall and Winter.
Anthropologie (Lucky Penny)- $69.99

Photobucket
Out of all my heels these take the cake for MOST comfortable. The heel is curved at the front so they feel like a rocking chair at the front of your foot. I could wear these all day and not feel and inch of pain. And they are oxford wedges, anyone who knows me knows that these are my favorite type of wedge.
Urban Outfitters (Cooperative)- $14.99

Photobucket
Oh yes the platform suede wedge. Everyone HAS to own a pair of these babys. These really do go with everything and they make your foot look tiny because of the curved heel. These are bomb for Winter. And only 15 bucks? Can't beat it.
Urban Outfitters (Cooperative)- $14.99

Photobucket
I told you oxford wedges were my favorite. These were actually my first pair and they are leather. When I bought my second pair, which are almost exactly alike, my reasoning in buying them was that they were canvas and not leather like the others, this way I have two but different kinds. (Okay, yeah I have a problem)
Aldos- $39.99

Photobucket
Last but never least, are my lowest pair of wedges. I wear these weekly now since they are perfect for this hot and sticky weather. Although, I do not like red shoes I bought these because they are so feminine and feminine defines me.
Anthropologie (Lucky Penny)- $34.95


Thanks for reading about my wedge obsession! My next post will be about things that I am dying for! See ya!

3 comments:

  1. i have the opposite problem - 5' 2! le sigh xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the first ones! ahh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirsty I wish I had your problem so that I could actually feel confident in them!

    Nat, I knew you would! If your my size you can borrow them some time ;)!!

    ReplyDelete